| - July 15, 2003
- In Kenny Perry's first 240 starts on the PGA TOUR (9 seasons), he won $2,771,771. In his last four starts, he's won $2,771,367.
- More on Perry: He won four times in his first 431 tournaments on the PGA TOUR. He's won three times in his last four outings.
- Don't shoot anything over par this week at the BC Open. No one has won this tournament with a round over-par in the 31-year history of the event.
- After struggling this season, Aussie Stephen Allan found his stride last week in Milwaukee. In his first 19 rounds this year, Allan had only two rounds in the 60s. Last week at the Greater Milwaukee Open, he posted scores of 69-66-68-66 to finish in a T2.
- Last week's GMO was good for a number of players. Seven of the Top-10 finishers earned their largest checks of the season. Stephen Allan won $308,000 (previous best $8,240); Heath Slocum collected $308,000 ($182,500); Brett Quigley $168,000 ($130,000); Jeff Gallagher $118,650 ($11,342); Dennis Paulson $118,650 ($84,375); Chris Smith $118,650
($75,000) and Spike McRoy $91,000 ($63,000) all earned their largest paydays of the 2003 season.
- Veteran Mike Heinen shot a PGA TOUR career low 62 in the final round Sunday in Milwaukee. It's not his career low, however. In 2002, Heinen fired a 61 at the Nationwide Tour's Chitimacha Louisiana Open.
- Joe Ogilvie is just one win away from a three-victory promotion to the PGA TOUR. He's leading the Nationwide Tour in earnings with $315,177 with half a season remaining. His earnings are already the sixth highest season-long total in Tour history.
- Think the guys on the Nationwide Tour aren't long off the tee? At the Samsung Canadian PGA Championship recently, the FIELD averaged 321.8 yards off the tee. Of the 74 players who made the cut, 66 had driving averages of 300 yards or more.
- They learned how to go low on the Nationwide Tour and now they are doing it on the PGA TOUR. Check out these scores by alums at last week's Greater Milwaukee Open -- Mike Heinen (62), Heath Slocum (63), Jason Gore (63) and Brenden Pappas (63).
- PGA TOUR veteran Blaine McCallister looks to have regained his form on the Nationwide Tour. In his last four starts he has a victory and a third-place effort. He's now eighth on the money list with $136,040.
- Tom Watson has four Top-10 finishes in his last five starts on the Champions Tour, including runner-up efforts in each of his last two starts. He now has four seconds this season and is third on the money list with $948,878.
- Craig Stadler earned his first career victory on the Champions Tour last week at the Ford Senior Players Championship. He's the 14th player in Champions Tour history to record his first Tour win at a major championship. Last year, three players (Fuzzy Zoeller, Don Pooley and Stewart Ginn) achieved the feat.
- More on Stadler: In his first three starts on the Champions Tour, he averaged 30.27 putts per round. In his victory last week in Michigan, he averaged 27.50.
- Hale Irwin's $50,833 paycheck last week at the Ford Senior Players Championship boosted him over the $1-million mark for the season. It's the eighth consecutive season for Irwin to exceed $1-million in earnings, extending his own Champions Tour record.